Saturday, July 23, 2011

Banana nut Ice-dream


Today I was joking with my friend about his states heat index, 110. I think it's blasphemous that Florida is cooler than North Carolina right now. How did that happen? He said he's convinced that he must be somehow in closer proximity to hell. I told him that hells brim fires were surfacing and to repent post haste...but let's have ice cream before we do that, shall we? Or something close to ice cream, as I don't have my own ice cream maker.


Enter what I like to call "The banana nut ice-dream". A ridiculously easy, yet yummy recipe I stumbled upon in my search for anti-candida recipes. #Candida is an on going battle for me, as I always give into something sweetly decadent eventually. Regardless, this is actually a wonderfully healthy and tasty replacement.


Ingredients:

1 tbsp nut butter of your choice. I used my favorite organic Almond butter. (I actually used 2 tbsp of nut butter, because when I taste tested it, the banana was overwhelming for me. I would blend and mix to your taste)

1 banana (I used a pre-frozen banana to give it more thickness)

2 Sprinkles of cinnamon, nut meg or both.

That's it!


Recipe:

1. Put the banana and almond butter into the blender and blend on low, until it reaches a smooth consistency.
Then, sprinkle cinnamon, nut meg, or both and blend for a few more seconds.

2. Scoop the mixture out with a spoon into a small freezer friendly container.
I used a stone ramekin as it's all i had at the moment and i thought maybe i could trick myself into thinking it was some kind of fancy frozen creme brulee.

3. Put in the freezer for a few hours or until it reaches your desired consistency.

I bet this recipe would taste not as healthy, but really yummy with some chocolate added. There is another pudding recipe i want to try out that is just as simple, with one added ingredient. I'll post that when i make it. I love bananas, they're so versatile and sweet on their own that there's just no need for added sugar in a lot of recipes. The next time you feel a craving for ice cream and it's really hot outside, i implore you to try this.

Reference: You can find this and many other low-sugar, candida recipes  at  Holistic Help

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...