Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cherry cornbread, with cinnamon drizzle.



I've been on quite the budget pinch lately, so i picked up a few of those 49 cent boxed cornbread mixes, thinking they'd come in handy for a good sweet fix. Well, that time came tonight, but i didn't want just any bland corn bread. So I fished around in my fridge and found some cherries that i re-hydrated to put in my morning yogurt, and thought that would taste really good. So i spooned out a handful and threw them in the mix. Then i thought that some kind of cinnamon topping might taste good to top it off. So, while that cornbread was baking, i looked in my cupboard to see if i had the ingredients to pull something off. Indeed I did. Cinnamon is always at my fingertips, as i add it to almost everything. You'll probably see this in the near future. I had some brown sugar, and half and half and mixed it all together to form a medium thick syrup consistency. Then drizzled it onto the finished bread. It turned out simply yummy, for never experimenting with cornbread before. Emphasis on simple!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup re-hydrated cherries
1 box of cornbread mix

Topping:
1.2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp half and half

Directions: Bake corn bread as usual, but stir in the rehydrated cherries 

For the topping, mix all ingredients together and lightly drizzle on bread when it has cooled off in the fridge for about 45 min's or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...